Monday, April 19, 2010

108/365 - My Pick

I went out today with my lensbaby and used both the macro focusing lenses stacked on it, which for me is always a roll of the dice.

With the macro lenses, I get a 14x magnification, but it is not easy to focus. The lensbaby itself takes a little bit of getting used to - it is nothing more than a lens on a bellows. You focus by pulling it in or pushing it out. And to change the aperature, you manually replace the focusing rings. Each ring has a different size hole, from f2 to f8. You can shoot wide open, too.

I've gotten pretty good with the basic lensbaby, but adding on the macro lenses is a whole different experience. You can get so close, but your point of focus is minute. Mostly, I just kind of close my eyes and hope for the best. The effects can be quite stunning. Or, I should say, the effect that some people can achieve with it can be quite stunning - I can't clain that kind of control. Yet.

But, I actually liked a few things I shot. And when that happens, it is difficult to self-edit. Part of me thinks, "What to other people want to see? Which will other people like?" But then the other part of me say, "It doesn't matter. What do you want to see?"

And this was my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers