Monday, March 15, 2010

75/365 - Truffles




I needed to try taking some pictures of truffles and candy for Iliana, a woman in New Hartford who owns and operates Buttercup Confections. I was not expecting food photography to be easy - it's a pretty complicated thing. And I know I will have to figure out how to use a flash. But for today, I just wanted to get a sense of what it might look like.

I just used natural light from a northern exposure and shot at 5.6 with my 55 macro. I don't even know if I should be using a macro lens for food photography, but I love the backgrounds I can get.

I had read that if you use lights with food, it gets hot and hard to handle. Even without lights, it wasn't too long before the chocolate got melty from me handling it. So I ate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers