Saturday, May 8, 2010

127/365 - Giving In

I swore I wasn't going to photograph a dandelion outside. Only because everywhere you turn, dandelion pictures abound. And that makes me dig in my heels and say, "I'm not going to do what everyone else is doing." But, I went outside yesterday and they were everywhere. And they were friendly and fuzzy and puffy looking.

I thought about how photography, at least nature photography, is dependent on the seasons. It's like eating locally - everyone eats strawberries in June because that's strawberry season. And that's okay. Now, if you're going to manufacture your nature, then I suppose you could shoot it any time you wanted. But that holds no appeal for me. So instead I will shoot a dandelion, even though everyone else is, too.

(And just a little side note - I didn't skip a day, I simply adjusted the number so it is accurate. Somewhere along the way I misnumbered something. And this is in fact Friday's photo. I just felt too sick last night to write anything.)

1 comment:

  1. I really LOVE this photo of your dandelion Martha. I am running a bit behind, but I'm catching up tonight. Jill

    ReplyDelete

Followers